I'm Going To Miss The Transfer Case Shifter Knob

Blackteqrunner

The new 6th Gen 4Runner has so many things to be excited for, with all of the new innovation and improvements that is going to make this generation one of the best (in spite of what all the negative nancy's say about the new engine). One of the things that isn't mentioned a lot but is going to be one of the things I will miss the most if I sell my 5th Gen is the physical transfer case knob. There is something therapeutic, raw and exciting when you rip that knob into 4H. The physicality of the knob feels so much more satisfying than the buttons or dial selector that many newer 4x4's come with.

Shift knob.jpg

As much as I would like to kick and scream about losing such an enjoyable part of the 5th Gen, I am equally excited about the innovations and added power we are sure to find in the new 6th Gen 4Runner. A disconnected sway bar at the touch of a button, huge amounts of torque available at the lower RPM's where they are desperately needed will all help to soften the blow of losing this nostalgic piece of the past. Plus with dials handy next to the gear shift, I can finally have a place to hold my Ray Bans when I'm not using them.

Jamboree_2025_TRD_Pro_4Runner_87.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that T-case shifter was a great addition to the 5th Gen on TRD Off-Roads and Trails. That manual shift into 4LO was the last thing "manual" the 4Runner will ever have. lol

The new shifter is really nice though, and even if you don't opt for the TRD Pro with the red stripe, there will be lots of options when the aftermarket hits for "TRD Pro Style" leather shifters with a multitude of stripe options.. probably color matched with addition stitching.

We're already working with https://trailmade.com/ on 4th Gen Tacoma prototype shifters so 6th Gen 4Runner will be next.

Jamboree_2025_TRD_Pro_4Runner_82.jpg

Awesome. As much as I'll miss that old manual T case shifter, you're right the new Pro shift knob looks amazing. I'm a big fan of the simple design and it looks very ergonomic. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with in your collab with Trail Made!

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

I want to get a pulse check on who here is thinking about getting aftermarket headlights on...
I was just surfing on Instagram and found this render by KELSONIK. He took the Limited Trim in...
It seems that Toyota has moved on from Nitto Terra Grapplers with their new upcoming 6th Gen...
The new 2025 Toyota 4Runner Trailhunter has some pretty cool Rigid Fog Lights. These lights are...
My biggest gripe with my new Land Cruiser and Tacoma is the pathetically small gas tank size...
I have had my new Land Cruiser for about 1 month now and I wanted to fill you all in on how the...

Similar

Back