TrailHunter Get's Built-In Onboard Air Compressor

Trail4R

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement with the TrailHunter!

One standout feature of the Toyota TrailHunter is its onboard air compressor, making it the ultimate accessory for airing up or down tires. Whether you encounter a flat tire or need to adjust tire pressure to navigate different terrains, the onboard air compressor has got you covered.

013-2025-toyota-4runner-trailhunter2.jpg

The TrailHunter's intuitive control panel includes several buttons to make your off-road experience seamless:
  1. Preset: Set your preferred air pressure presets similar to the MORRFlate PSI Pro?
  2. Power: Turn the onboard air compressor on or off with the push of a button.
  3. Menu: Access advanced settings and customization options for the air compressor.
  4. START/STOP: Initiate or pause air compressor operations effortlessly.
  5. UP and DOWN: Fine-tune air pressure settings precisely to suit your driving conditions.
With these intuitive controls, managing tire pressure has never been easier.

In addition to the onboard air, the control panel offers a USB-C port, an inlet/outlet for NPT hose fitting, and a 12v DC port for the accessories.

Are you excited about the TrailHunter's onboard air compressor and intuitive controls? Share your thoughts and join the discussion below!

I'm a big fan of it. Off the bat, once concern is keeping access to it when you are loaded down for camp. It would be amazing if they placed it closer to where the current 5th gen's power inverter is. Would be great if they include this feature with the Off Road trims once they start to roll out as well.

I'm a big fan of it. Off the bat, once concern is keeping access to it when you are loaded down for camp. It would be amazing if they placed it closer to where the current 5th gen's power inverter is. Would be great if they include this feature with the Off Road trims once they start to roll out as well.

Yeah for sure. Most drawer systems are going to get in the way of that. I would assume that any mainstream drawer manufacturer (Goose Gear, Dobinsons, etc..) will design some type of access port or cutout in the drawer to retain access to the compressor. Or, maybe just a relocation kit in order to port the interface out back flush mounted on the drawers. I would think a relocation kit would be best.

Yeah, hopefully the TRD Off-Roads have this as an option. That would be cool. On the other hand, not having a built-in compressor might not be the end of the world either if it shapes up to be a pain in the ass to work around for future mods.

I was stoked for this as well, but I agreed with you completely! When you’re fully loaded up in the back, how do you access this? 🤔

One standout feature of the Toyota TrailHunter is its onboard air compressor, making it the ultimate accessory for airing up or down tires. Whether you encounter a flat tire or need to adjust tire pressure to navigate different terrains, the onboard air compressor has got you covered.

View attachment 140

The TrailHunter's intuitive control panel includes several buttons to make your off-road experience seamless:
  1. Preset: Set your preferred air pressure presets similar to the MORRFlate PSI Pro?
  3. Menu: Access advanced settings and customization options for the air compressor.
  5. UP and DOWN: Fine-tune air pressure settings precisely to suit your driving conditions.

In addition to the onboard air, the control panel offers a USB-C port, an inlet/outlet for NPT hose fitting, and a 12v DC port for the accessories.

Are you excited about the TrailHunter's onboard air compressor and intuitive controls? Share your thoughts and join the discussion below!
This is awesome. The more things they throw in from the factory that also carry a warranty are great!

View attachment 140

Sounds like this a quality compressor and should last a while under normal use. Not sure what happens when I fails regarding OEM replacement or if the aftermarket will have a similiar product.

View attachment 140

That is a great feature. I love the built in
Hopefully it’s an ARB compressor dressed as a Toyota part!
That is a great feature. I love my onvoard inverter. When you need it, you need ir.

View attachment 140

Love the air compressor. Agree with the access issue, but it will save space not having to bring my own.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back