Toyota Price Point Anger Justified??

Blackteqrunner

By now I'm sure we have all been on different social media platforms and have seen a lot of people complaining about the current price projections. The question is, is the anger justified? It could be my own bias being a Toyota fan through and through, but it has always seemed to me that Toyota owners have some of the highest expectations from their car maker than other brands. We all want innovation, yet hate the new twin turbo 4 cylinder hybrids. We want Toyota to include some basic luxuries, yet hate the added price tag. We ask for simplistic design, yet want added options available to us. Yes, we Toyota fans are an impossible group to please!

2025_4Runner_Price_Expectations_04.jpg

There are some things however that are out of our control and can be extremely frustrating. Dealer markups being the number one headache, have really been a pain in the wallet and have deterred a lot of future Toyota owners from pulling the trigger. The dealerships say that the markups are a result of low inventory and/or supply creating the demand. While I understand that simple economic theory, the markups are just egregious and over done. I have seen some dealerships adding a $20,000 markup for some of the more difficult to find models, leaving only the deepest of pockets to be able to afford it. Not to mention the dealer added accessories that they say cannot be removed set the msrp higher from the start.

One thing that brings some level of reassurance is that we have seen prices drop significantly on the Tundra once inventories have filled on dealership lots. Seeing that the market will correct itself in the favor of the customer does give me some hope that there isn't going to be a pricing out of Toyota's customer base.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back