Cargo Space Comparison LC250/6th Gen 4Runner

Blackteqrunner

One of the biggest factors in picking a new vehicle for me personally is the cargo space it offers. I have 2 kids, a wife and a dog that we regularly travel with on camping trips and road trips. Naturally this means that we have to carry a lot of gear, and a viable cargo area in the rear especially is very important. When the new Sequoia was released I saw the tiny cargo space behind the third row and was really turned off by it. It would be really difficult to pack in the gear we usually bring, and if I remember correctly, the rear seats were not easily removable.

6G4R_141 (1).jpg

The new LC250 is a great comparison to the new 6th Gen 4Runner because, as Toyota said, it shares a ton of similarities in parts and in the build as the new 4Runner. The official rear cargo area has 37.5 cubic feet of space behind the second row. The current 5th Gen has about 47.2 cubic feet of space. Yes, I know part of that seems to be the space lost because of the required hybrid battery in the 2024 Land Cruiser, but that is still a ton of space lost. I got to test drive and see one in person and it felt smaller in the rear cargo area than my current 2018 4Runner Off Road Premium.

Toyota-Land_Cruiser_250-2025-1600-b6.jpg

Does this mean that the new 6th Gen rear cargo space will be similar to the LC250? No official numbers have been released yet but it seems like the new 4Runner will have a little larger cargo area due to it being about 1" longer, but we will have to wait until the official specs come out. Would a smaller cargo space cause you to hold onto your current 4Runner a little longer??

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back