TrailHunter Get's Built-In Onboard Air Compressor

I got a kick out of the numerous auto journalists who were doing their "in depth" video reviews but had no idea what that was for. They are not worthy!!! LOL

Last edited:
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement with the TrailHunter!

One standout feature of the Toyota TrailHunter is its onboard air compressor, making it the ultimate accessory for airing up or down tires. Whether you encounter a flat tire or need to adjust tire pressure to navigate different terrains, the onboard air compressor has got you covered.

View attachment 140

The TrailHunter's intuitive control panel includes several buttons to make your off-road experience seamless:
  1. Preset: Set your preferred air pressure presets similar to the MORRFlate PSI Pro?
  2. Power: Turn the onboard air compressor on or off with the push of a button.
  3. Menu: Access advanced settings and customization options for the air compressor.
  4. START/STOP: Initiate or pause air compressor operations effortlessly.
  5. UP and DOWN: Fine-tune air pressure settings precisely to suit your driving conditions.
With these intuitive controls, managing tire pressure has never been easier.

In addition to the onboard air, the control panel offers a USB-C port, an inlet/outlet for NPT hose fitting, and a 12v DC port for the accessories.

Are you excited about the TrailHunter's onboard air compressor and intuitive controls? Share your thoughts and join the discussion below!
As an avid Mountain Biker, I’m so excited to not have to worry about charging my mobile compressor for each venture! I can’t wait to get my hands on this.

One standout feature of the Toyota TrailHunter is its onboard air compressor, making it the ultimate accessory for airing up or down tires. Whether you encounter a flat tire or need to adjust tire pressure to navigate different terrains, the onboard air compressor has got you covered.

View attachment 140

The TrailHunter's intuitive control panel includes several buttons to make your off-road experience seamless:
  1. Preset: Set your preferred air pressure presets similar to the MORRFlate PSI Pro?
  3. Menu: Access advanced settings and customization options for the air compressor.
  5. UP and DOWN: Fine-tune air pressure settings precisely to suit your driving conditions.

In addition to the onboard air, the control panel offers a USB-C port, an inlet/outlet for NPT hose fitting, and a 12v DC port for the accessories.

Are you excited about the TrailHunter's onboard air compressor and intuitive controls? Share your thoughts and join the discussion below!
Sounds cool!

This is Trailhunter specific right? I wonder if we'll be able to buy it and install in other models?
Whatever the price, you would be better off just buying a Viair or an ARB at that point. I'm sure they are seething at a chance to find out where the factory one is located and piped so they can make their own version. It is a neat touch to that trim option though.

I wonder if they will have the 6th gen wired up like the early FJ Cruisers where you could add the Toyota integrated compressor by popping out the blank where it goes and the wires are just sitting there ready to plug and play. Would be game huge for the platform as a whole if they did it that way

View attachment 140

This is a great feature of the Trailhunter option 👍🏼

I was stoked for this as well, but I agreed with you completely! When you’re fully loaded up in the back, how do you access this? 🤔

Yeah, no kidding!! I just had my 20th annual Easter Mojave Road trip a couple of weeks ago, and when I am PACKED UP.....to the gills........not sure how I would get to that! But. that most certainly is an awesome thing to have from the factory just the same. But it appears to be on the inside of the wheel well, and if my drawers didn't hide it, my fridge would!! Lol!! A way to perhaps move it would be nice. When I pack, I have to pack the back tight and tie everything back so nothing falls on the dog!! And I have every available space stuffed with something!! LOL!!

I wonder if this is a Arb compressor in disguise or something Toyota cooked up

You'd have to assume it's going to be an ARB compressor, seeing that ARB is doing all of the outfitting on the Trailhunter models!!! Probably not the dual chamber one, the smaller one would fit in there just fine though!

Right off I like it. Having onboard air is a luxury. Although, my one issue might be for anyone putting any type of deck/drawer system in their 4Runner. It’s located in a bit of an awkward spot in that regard. Anyone else think the same, or is it just me? 🤔

Right off I like it. Having onboard air is a luxury. Although, my one issue might be for anyone putting any type of deck/drawer system in their 4Runner. It’s located in a bit of an awkward spot in that regard. Anyone else think the same, or is it just me? 🤔

Nope, it's not just you, read on!!

Really love this addition, however can’t believe it’s not on the TRD Pro model as-well.

Remember that the TrailHunter Tacoma and 4Runner will be outfitted by ARB, so they'll totally get different options than normal, and they should all be ARB products too......except for the tires of course!!

Whatever the price, you would be better off just buying a Viair or an ARB at that point. I'm sure they are seething at a chance to find out where the factory one is located and piped so they can make their own version. It is a neat touch to that trim option though.
Yeah I agree. Viair and ARB are probably neck deep in alternatives. Curious to see the options.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

Was watching Toyota Jeff video on the Trailhunter. Looks like the 6th Gen 4Runner get's double...
I don’t understand why the price would creep up into the 70s, I think if you did that you would...
With the last few 2024 4Runners arriving at the dealerships, the question is starting to become...
Not a bad look. That green on bronze is pretty hard. Saw this on Locks Instagram the other day...
The interior of the new 4Runner and Tacoma are pretty much identical when it comes to the front...
When I purchase My new 6th Gen 4Runner, I am going to try my hardest to avoid the dealership...
So Toyota has issued an official TSB for potential faulty transmissions that several have...
So, I have a VERY strong feeling that the drive event now for the 6th Gen 4Runner will be push...
Black Rhino did a render of a 6th Generation 4Runner Trailhunter with some machine/polished...

Similar

Back