Larger Tire Fitment on 6th Gen

Blackteqrunner

As we all know, one of the first modifications any of us do is try and fit larger tires.

With the previous 5th Generation 4Runner, so many modifications had to be done to fit anything larger than the factory 265's that originally came with it. I personally have a viper cut front bumper, body mount chop and some pushed in plastic/pinch welds to fit what I currently have (295/70/17 Yokohama Geolander MT's). It seems as if Toyota was listening when they redesigned the new generation by allowing for a much larger wheel well as well as pushing the wheel well forward away from the body mount which caused a lot of fitment problems in the past. The new 6th Gen 4Runner has an increased wheel base of 2.4" (from 109.8" to 112.2"), which puts it in the same wheelbase specs as the new Land Cruiser and the Lexus GX. The image below helps visualize the new length, thanks to 4RunnerNation on instagram.

Wheelbase_Overall_Length_5th_Gen_6th_Gen_02.jpg

It really seems like Toyota has cooperated with the aftermarket and given us what we have been wanting all along, a standout vehicle that allows us to put our own personal touch into it. What size tires are you going to put on your 6th Gen? It's going to be awesome seeing the different routes everyone is going to take once these guys hit the dealerships!

Last edited by a moderator:

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

I want to get a pulse check on who here is thinking about getting aftermarket headlights on...
I was just surfing on Instagram and found this render by KELSONIK. He took the Limited Trim in...
It seems that Toyota has moved on from Nitto Terra Grapplers with their new upcoming 6th Gen...
The new 2025 Toyota 4Runner Trailhunter has some pretty cool Rigid Fog Lights. These lights are...
My biggest gripe with my new Land Cruiser and Tacoma is the pathetically small gas tank size...
I have had my new Land Cruiser for about 1 month now and I wanted to fill you all in on how the...

Similar

Back