TRD Pro 4Runner or Land Cruiser? Which One Are You Picking?

Blackteqrunner

In a recent Youtube video, TRDJon posted a side by side comparison of the 2025 TRD Pro 4Runner and the 2024 Land Cruiser First Edition. With price estimates coming in at close to the same ballpark the choice seems to be which one would you choose if you were given the option?? He did an awesome job breaking down the similarities as well as the differences in the two platforms, giving us the consumer a clear picture that should help make that decision a lot easier.

Both the Land Cruiser and TRD Pro come standard with the 2.4L Turbo Charged Hybrid engine and 8 speed transmission. They both also are expected to have very similar MPG's once the data on the 4Runner is released. The two platforms have the same wheelbase of 112.2" as well, the same as the GX and LX300. The TRD Pro and the Land Cruiser will have similar pricing as long as our estimates are correct, with the First Edition being about $5k-$7k more than the TRD Pro.

That is where the similarities end. Toyota really made an effort to offer these two different platforms to very different customers and try and meet those customers needs. The TRD Pro comes with a TRD intake, four auxillary switches, a 14" screen, dual climate control but no headliner AC vents for the rear. It also comes with Toyo Open Country AT's and 18" wheels, Fox QS3 adjustable shocks and part time 4WD. The Land Cruiser comes with a basic intake, no auxillary switches, a 12.3" screen, 3 zone climate control that includes headliner vents. It comes off the dealer lot with standard Michelin street tires on 18" wheels, standard suspension and full time 4WD.

Given the comparison, which one would you take?

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back