6th Gen 4Runner Hybrid Start Up Battery Location

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in the cargo area. I’m not sure yet if there are some standoffs in the engine bay in the event you needed to jump start the vehicle, I’ll try to find that out soon.

However, if you are looking to add any sort of wiring for lights or other accessories, this may pose itself as a problem for some. Likely though, Toyota gave us 4 aux locations in the engine bay tied to switches, but I am curious if this will affect the aftermarket world in anyway. IMG_1423.jpegIMG_1422.jpegIMG_1421.jpeg

I may be mistaken, but I suspect this is an auxiliary battery, not used for starting the vehicle. I think the High Voltage battery is used for engine starts, as explained here: https://knowhow.napaonline.com/what...brid-electric-vehicles-and-electric-vehicles/. This battery is very small, and looks like it's only used to power 12V accessories. Of course, this tiny battery for accessories would be useless for powering something like a refrigerator, which begs the question of how that might be accomplished...

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

Hey all, I'm a member over on another T4R forum as well. Considering jumping into a 6th Gen T4R...
Sometimes I feel a little jealous of the Lexus cousins getting Mark Levinson audio, but I think...
For the years of the 5th Gen, the FOX shocks on the TRD Pro were king, but now Trailhunter is...
The last gen Tacoma, Tundra, and Sequoia TRD Pros all received RIGID Industries LED fog lights...
If you could bring back one 5th Gen TRD Pro color to the 6th Gen what would it be? While my...
ToyotaJeff Reviews gave a very detailed look at a '25 4Runner TRD Pro in the Mudbath color. He...

Similar

Back