Should I buy a 2024 or 2025 TRD Pro 4Runner?

Blackteqrunner

With the last few 2024 4Runners arriving at the dealerships, the question is starting to become apparent. Should you buy the last of the 5th Generation TRD Pro, or should you wait for the release of the 6th Generation 4Runner TRD Pro? I got a text from a good friend of mine that is a manager at an undisclosed Toyota dealership, and he told me that he is expecting the last TRD Pro of the '24 model year to arrive this week at their place. It is in the beautiful Underground color, and fresh off the boat from Japan. Super tempting, I know!

2025_4Runner_Price_Expectations_04.jpg

The price difference is going to play a huge difference for me, seeing as how the MSRP of the current generation 4Runner TRD Pro is around $55,000 to $56,000. From the best projections we can gather, it seems like the 2025 TRD Pro 4Runner will debut around $70,000 if all projections are correct. That means that in order to get the new 4Runner, it would have to be worth almost $15k more than the previous version, which is a very tough sell.

Now that the last of the brand new 4Runners of the 5th generation are slowly disappearing from lots, would you wait for a 6th Gen or pull the trigger and get the last of this amazing generation? I know for me personally, I loved my 5th gen 4Runner and will always have a soft spot for that model. I am also a huge fan of the new Gen, and cannot wait to see what the aftermarket does in support of it. A 2025 TRD Pro in Mudbath for me would be almost impossible to turn down, seeing as how the Quicksand was always one of my absolute favorite Pro colors. If I wait too long, then it looks like I'll have to wait until Spring or Summer of 2025 to hopefully get my hands on a new TRD Pro. What would you do?

In terms of whether to purchase the 2025, isn't it considered prudent to not purchase a new generation of any vehicle in its first year on the market? I'm waiting for the second year of the 6th gen; I'll let others identify any issues during the first year. I had been planning to replace my 2019 in 2025, but will now wait until 2026. Yes, the 2025 6th gen will have a significantly higher price point, but the price for a 2025 5th gen would have been significantly higher as well, given inflation for everything. It's a version of the classic car buyer's dilemma -- purchase a leftover from the current year or buy the new year.

This is my thought process as someone who is buying a 6th gen and not considering a 5th gen at all.

The 6th gen looks way better (subjectively) in my opinion, the 5th gen, while looking good, is still a model introduced 3 presidents ago. The interior of the 5th gen is also long in the tooth, to be nice. I mean if you were to buy a 5th gen right now, and buy it on a 5 year note, how is that going to age into the 2030’s?

I’m not trying to drag the 5th gen thru the mud (no pun intended) and I understand it’s a GREAT vehicle for off roading, incredibly reliable and you can drive it until the wheels fall off, however I still want those creature comforts and the technology that the 6th gen offers that I just won’t find in the 5th gen.

As far as cost, it’s going to be expensive for the model I want, but I’ve come to terms with that and I’m fine driving what I have now until I’ve come up with the down payment needed to be comfortable.

Just one guys thought process, but hope that helps.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

Was watching Toyota Jeff video on the Trailhunter. Looks like the 6th Gen 4Runner get's double...
I don’t understand why the price would creep up into the 70s, I think if you did that you would...
With the last few 2024 4Runners arriving at the dealerships, the question is starting to become...
Not a bad look. That green on bronze is pretty hard. Saw this on Locks Instagram the other day...
The interior of the new 4Runner and Tacoma are pretty much identical when it comes to the front...
When I purchase My new 6th Gen 4Runner, I am going to try my hardest to avoid the dealership...
So Toyota has issued an official TSB for potential faulty transmissions that several have...
So, I have a VERY strong feeling that the drive event now for the 6th Gen 4Runner will be push...
Black Rhino did a render of a 6th Generation 4Runner Trailhunter with some machine/polished...

Similar

Back