No Engine Bay Cover For The 6th Gen?

Blackteqrunner

Well folks it looks like there isn’t going to be an engine bay cover for the new 4runner (see image below). It’s a curious decision made by Toyota given the expected prices of almost $70k for the higher models. The new trims of the Pro, Trailhunter, Platinum, TRD Off Road and limited could all approach and surpass $60k and up and this is before considering markups. This begs the question, what does the potential buyer think when things like this are left out purposely?

IMG_2507.JPG

What is also interesting is that the new Tacoma also comes without an Engine Bay Cover (image below for reference). At first thought, this seems like a curious decision to leave the engine bay uncovered, but if you have paid attention to the unveiling of the Tacoma they did the same thing (See image below). I was wondering if this would be something that we found as a pre-production vehicle but when we've seen Tacomas hit the dealerships without one, this might be 100% true. Aftermarket companies like Victory 4x4 are making aftermarket solutions for it, so there is a way to cover that rat nest of wires.

IMG_2505.JPG

Common sense would say that with the new turbo engine, maybe it is a way Toyota engineers found to limit too much heat. But this logic is erased by the new Tundra's engine bay, complete with an engine cover (see image below). Now this isn't a deal breaker by any means, it might just be another little gem Toyota designers left us to get us to talk about them. Thoughts?

IMG_2506.JPG

Yeah, this is almost as bad as the lack of the gas hood struts. Most of these hybrid motors though don't come with an engine cover. I know the Broncos (2.3L and 2.7L) also don't come with an engine cover. You would think you want to cover that rats nest of wires too. There is nothing special to look at so you might as well cover it up. I belive Victory 4x4 (not the highest quality company in the word) just made one for the 4th Gen Tacoma and it's the same motor so it will likely fit on the 6th Gen 4Runner as well. Regardless, there will be lots of aftermarket engine covers coming soon for the 6th Gen.

Toyota may offer an engine bay cover as on option, maybe. I would have preferred the gas charged hood struts and a locking gas cap or even locking gas cover 🤔

Yeah, this is almost as bad as the lack of the gas hood struts. Most of these hybrid motors though don't come with an engine cover. I know the Broncos (2.3L and 2.7L) also don't come with an engine cover. You would think you want to cover that rats nest of wires too. There is nothing special to look at so you might as well cover it up. I belive Victory 4x4 (not the highest quality company in the word) just made one for the 4th Gen Tacoma and it's the same motor so it will likely fit on the 6th Gen 4Runner as well. Regardless, there will be lots of aftermarket engine covers coming soon for the 6th Gen.
The lack of gas hood struts was the first disappointment I noticed IMMEDIATELY as soon as TRD Jon opened the hood during the reveal video he posted on you tube. Sigh. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

I want to get a pulse check on who here is thinking about getting aftermarket headlights on...
I was just surfing on Instagram and found this render by KELSONIK. He took the Limited Trim in...
It seems that Toyota has moved on from Nitto Terra Grapplers with their new upcoming 6th Gen...
The new 2025 Toyota 4Runner Trailhunter has some pretty cool Rigid Fog Lights. These lights are...
My biggest gripe with my new Land Cruiser and Tacoma is the pathetically small gas tank size...
I have had my new Land Cruiser for about 1 month now and I wanted to fill you all in on how the...

Similar

Back