New guy from CO looking toward a 6th gen TRD PRO

Positronics

Hello all! Caught the link from one of TRD JONs videos as i've been consuming any and all 6th gen 4Runner info I possibly can since the recent announcement! I've been primarily a Subaru guy for the last few decades. Started with a '04 WRX which evolved into an '06 STi and my current ride has been a 2012 STi i bought brand new and have been driving for the last 12'ish years. In the 4Runner game I had the pleasure of owning a rare 1986 Turbo 4Runner (shown below) that i picked up as a rock crawler / hobby SUV. Was a great truck and heavily modified from the previous owner and i took down alot of trail and camping time with it. I ended up selling it to another guy i trailed with at one of the Colorado "Yota Jams" not long after i got married and our first kid showed up which cut way down on my outdoor adventure time for a bit. Needless to say I've been closely watching the 4Runner the last several years and have been pretty close to pulling trigger on a 5th gen recently but with the way the 6th Gen is sizing up it looks like i'm in the market to trade the old STi for the new new! I love the aesthetic of the 6th gen from the announcements and the drivetrain is right up my alley with the i-force max (which according to the tacoma's MPG numbers is getting better MPG than my STi does currently). Glad to be here on the ground floor all!

Couple images of my old 4Runner, current STi, and a couple other from the stable.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1539729596262.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539729596262.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 92
  • FB_IMG_1539729632355.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539729632355.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 2
  • FB_IMG_1539729699244.jpg
    FB_IMG_1539729699244.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2
Hello all! Caught the link from one of TRD JONs videos as i've been consuming any and all 6th gen 4Runner info I possibly can since the recent announcement! I've been primarily a Subaru guy for the last few decades. Started with a '04 WRX which evolved into an '06 STi and my current ride has been a 2012 STi i bought brand new and have been driving for the last 12'ish years. In the 4Runner game I had the pleasure of owning a rare 1986 Turbo 4Runner (shown below) that i picked up as a rock crawler / hobby SUV. Was a great truck and heavily modified from the previous owner and i took down alot of trail and camping time with it. I ended up selling it to another guy i trailed with at one of the Colorado "Yota Jams" not long after i got married and our first kid showed up which cut way down on my outdoor adventure time for a bit. Needless to say I've been closely watching the 4Runner the last several years and have been pretty close to pulling trigger on a 5th gen recently but with the way the 6th Gen is sizing up it looks like i'm in the market to trade the old STi for the new new! I love the aesthetic of the 6th gen from the announcements and the drivetrain is right up my alley with the i-force max (which according to the tacoma's MPG numbers is getting better MPG than my STi does currently). Glad to be here on the ground floor all!

Couple images of my old 4Runner, current STi, and a couple other from the stable.

Hell yeah dude. That's a solid lineup of automotive choices!! Welcome to the community.

Dude! Welcome to the page! Thank you for sharing your story with us too! I can't wait to see what is in store for the future!

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

I want to get a pulse check on who here is thinking about getting aftermarket headlights on...
I was just surfing on Instagram and found this render by KELSONIK. He took the Limited Trim in...
It seems that Toyota has moved on from Nitto Terra Grapplers with their new upcoming 6th Gen...
The new 2025 Toyota 4Runner Trailhunter has some pretty cool Rigid Fog Lights. These lights are...
My biggest gripe with my new Land Cruiser and Tacoma is the pathetically small gas tank size...
I have had my new Land Cruiser for about 1 month now and I wanted to fill you all in on how the...

Similar

Back