How Big Of Tires Are You Planning To Run?

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
So the TRD Pro and Trailhunter both come with 33" (rounded up) tires from the factory. The cool thing is that they are Toyo Open Country vs Goodyears like the Tacoma has. Will this tire be big enough or do you plan on running bigger? I have 34's on my Tacoma and I feel like they are the perfect size.

2025_Toyota_4Runner_Trailhunter_Everest_008.JPG

I think I’m gonna be running just 33’s. I’m not going hard-core wheeling more overlanding/dispersed camping. My machines are going to be more for distance and some light wheeling to the beautiful campsites. I just saw this YT video talking about 35s on the new taco.

Last edited:
Tuan from Runnin4Tacos posted about his Tacoma on 37" Tires. He quotes "No cab mount chop or tubing necessary to use 37s to it's full potential."

That's pretty amazing knowing 37" tires fit on a Tacoma without a CMC or any other major modifications.

There is an event coming up in about a month and I'll be spending some time with the new 6th Gen 4Runner. I'll be bringing my camera and tape measure for you guys. We're getting as many internal wheel well measurements as possible. Hoping the 4Runner will clear 37s like the new Tacoma. If so that's another huge selling point to getting a new 6th Gen over a 5th Gen.

The Runnin4Tacos Bronze Oxide 4G Taco. Found on https://4gtaco.com/threads/show-me-your-bronze-oxide-tacoma.52/.

Bronze_4th_Gen_Tacoma_01.jpg

I’m going with the standard 33’s.
I’ll be using my 4Runner for my business, which means literally driving all over the US (including Alaska) and Canada, occasionally Mexico. So MPG matters to me. The off roading I’ll be doing is to dispersed camping, light to moderate, and from my house to pavement every time I come or go from home (4 miles of off-road each way lol). I still have my Jeep Wrangler, which I run 35’s, and I use that to go on anything more serious.

Tuan from Runnin4Tacos posted about his Tacoma on 37" Tires. He quotes "No cab mount chop or tubing necessary to use 37s to it's full potential."

That's pretty amazing knowing 37" tires fit on a Tacoma without a CMC or any other major modifications.

There is an event coming up in about a month and I'll be spending some time with the new 6th Gen 4Runner. I'll be bringing my camera and tape measure for you guys. We're getting as many internal wheel well measurements as possible. Hoping the 4Runner will clear 37s like the new Tacoma. If so that's another huge selling point to getting a new 6th Gen over a 5th Gen.

The Runnin4Tacos Bronze Oxide 4G Taco. Found on https://4gtaco.com/threads/show-me-your-bronze-oxide-tacoma.52/.

View attachment 269
Ooh like that color too. I wonder if bronze oxide will make it to the 4 runner.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

I want to get a pulse check on who here is thinking about getting aftermarket headlights on...
I was just surfing on Instagram and found this render by KELSONIK. He took the Limited Trim in...
It seems that Toyota has moved on from Nitto Terra Grapplers with their new upcoming 6th Gen...
The new 2025 Toyota 4Runner Trailhunter has some pretty cool Rigid Fog Lights. These lights are...
My biggest gripe with my new Land Cruiser and Tacoma is the pathetically small gas tank size...
I have had my new Land Cruiser for about 1 month now and I wanted to fill you all in on how the...
Back