Are you rethinking your toolbox now?

TheBilldozer

With the Turbo Hybrid drive system coming forcibly into play on all the upper tier models that are off road ready, are you rethinking your toolkit? Seems to me things we didn't normally bring as spare parts or tools regularly are now going to have to find room in the spares box and toolkit. I have an STI EJ25 powered sand rail and in my spares box for that thing I have a rebuilt turbo, blow off valve, and wastegate. As well as additional oil lines for the turbo.

I carry either my Boxo tool roll for less remote trips, or my Boxo KOH bag with extra goodies as well as a spares box when I'm more remote. The trusty craftsmen or even a trash bag filled with Harbor Freight tools are fine as well. I've never cared what people bring, but just have tools is my thing.

Are you all thinking about the potential for that when driving either aggressively or remotely off highway with the 6th gen?

The Hybrid system also brings a new complexity. Heavy duty cable, wires, power tester, and high output jumper packs could be a need we hadn't thought of before.

Am I the only werido that overthinks things like this lol?

Attachments

• hood_Struts.png
    hood_Struts.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 166
Definitely not the only weirdo. Count me in as well. I think it’s just the most realistic, common sense way to be…it’s a different system that scoots you down the road, so makes sense to accommodate tools that fit THAT system, not just the old system.

Definitely would be rethinking a few things here and there… but for the most part I think it would stay the same. Realistically with the complexity of the updated drivetrain if something goes down on the trail it may not be as feasible a fix as it used to be.

Suspension and everything else should be straight forward, power plant? Not so much…

Definitely would be rethinking a few things here and there… but for the most part I think it would stay the same. Realistically with the complexity of the updated drivetrain if something goes down on the trail it may not be as feasible a fix as it used to be.

Suspension and everything else should be straight forward, power plant? Not so much…
That's a fair point as well. I know my way around pretty high level electronics and anything ICE or Automotive related; and there's just some parts of a Hybrid system that I'm not even considering trying to fix lol.

That's a fair point as well. I know my way around pretty high level electronics and anything ICE or Automotive related; and there's just some parts of a Hybrid system that I'm not even considering trying to fix lol.
Exactly. I’m more than capable but would rather not when it gets that technical.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

I want to get a pulse check on who here is thinking about getting aftermarket headlights on...
I was just surfing on Instagram and found this render by KELSONIK. He took the Limited Trim in...
It seems that Toyota has moved on from Nitto Terra Grapplers with their new upcoming 6th Gen...
The new 2025 Toyota 4Runner Trailhunter has some pretty cool Rigid Fog Lights. These lights are...
My biggest gripe with my new Land Cruiser and Tacoma is the pathetically small gas tank size...
I have had my new Land Cruiser for about 1 month now and I wanted to fill you all in on how the...

Similar

Back