6th Gen 4Runner Smaller Rear Seat Space?

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
So I get this question a lot on my YouTube about the new 6th Gen 4Runner vs the out going 5th Gen 4Runner. People are curious if the middle seats of the new 6th Gen are smaller than the 5th Gen. Now unfortunately official interior dimensions aren’t out yet on the new 4R, but I can say as a full sized adult, 5’ 11” and 190 lbs, I was able to comfortably sit behind my front seating position in this vehicle.

I did a little more digging and looking up the new LC250 rear seat dimensions and comepared them to the 5th Gen 4R to get an idea for the new 6th Gen since it and the LC are so similar. I was shocked, so much so that I’m curious if Toyota made an error when giving us interior dimensions. They state that the LC has 6” less leg room and 2” less head room. That doesn’t make sense cuz the GX550 which is similar to the LC has 4” more leg room than the 5th Gen 4Runner and also more head space.

Needless to say, the 4R is still decently spacious and it has significantly more space than the 4th Gen Tacoma’s rear seats.IMG_1411.jpeg

The back seat looks smaller that my 5th get in the videos that I have watched. This is one of the big wait and see things before I pull the trigger. My teenage daughter is growing like a weed so we need some good legroom back there.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...
So I honestly did not notice this feature when I first reviewed the new 4Runner in California. I...
I know, call the freaking news station! 🤣 But this is a feature that we all have been wanting on...
So I get this question a lot on my YouTube about the new 6th Gen 4Runner vs the out going 5th...

Similar

Back