Fitting 35's With No Lift?

Blackteqrunner

I just finished watching TRD Jon's newest Youtube video, where he test fitted some 35" tires on his brand new Land Cruiser First Edition. What does this have to do with the sixth gen 4Runner you say? If we know anything by now, it is that the Tacoma, Land Cruiser and 4Runner all share a lot of similar characteristics and share a ton of common parts and specs. Within reason, we can assume that if you can fit a certain size tire on one of these platforms you can probably fit it on the other ones as well with a little work. So we ask, can we fit 35's on the new 4Runner straight from the showroom floor without a lift??

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 5.28.38 PM.png

Jon tested this for us by attempting to fit some Race Relation Wheels, paired with some Nitto Recon grapplers with his completely stock First Edition. The wheel specs were an 18" wheel with a +12mm offset, and the tires were a 295/70/18 measuring about 34.2". This offset seems to fit well across the board on all three previously mentioned models, and still have a decent amount of poke unlike the negative offset that you needed with the previous generation Tacomas and 4Runners. He removed a small rubber molding piece on the bottom of the front fender, and it definitely rubbed quite easily when turning the tires. This could easily be fixed with a slight lift and/or trimming. It would be really interesting to see what other offsets would do to the fitment of the tires.

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 5.37.02 PM.png

He also fitted a 17" Race Relation Wheel on a 285/75/17 Nitto Recon Grappler tire. This seemed to fit a little better since the wheel was an inch smaller, although it was only fitted on the rear of the Land Cruiser. I think that the second set up would have fit without a lift, but that is just a guess. In my opinion, I prefer the smaller 17" wheel as long as you can clear the calipers because I prefer more meat on the tire than you would get in a 18" wheel. Either way it was a fun experiment to see what will fit as we await the new 4Runner's arrival, and it seems like the machined wheel look is back with a vengeance!

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 5.31.21 PM.png

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

So like the Tacoma, I expect Toyota to allow us to upgrade our SR5 (or other lower trim level...
Who here is looking to get a 4Runner pretty decked out by Toyota? Currently the new Tacoma has...
I want to make this thread for everyone to post about dealership deliveries and updates. Last I...
This feature is absolutely ICONIC to the Toyota 4Runner’s DNA. When Toyota shared with us that...
After messing with my new Land Cruiser by adding larger tires onto it, 295/70R18s, I think that...
I had the pleasure to see the all new 2025 Toyota 4Runner at night all lit up in front of our...

Similar

Back