Extended Warranty Purchase?

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
Who has purchased an extended warranty? Is it worth it? I'm thinking about going with a hybrid right away for this new 4Runner. It's awesome that Toyota says that hybrid-related components are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles, whichever comes first from the original date of first use when sold as new. The hybrid battery is also covered for 10 years/150,000 miles, whichever comes first, and is transferable across ownership. Do you plan to purchase additional? If so, who has the best options?

Extended_Warranty_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
5-10 years ago I would have said no. However with as much computer components that these new cars come with I feel you almost have to. Touch screens, digital dashes, all the safety stuff.

It's going to heavily depend on how user serviceable it is. I've already bought and sold newer vehicles with all these electronics and locked down computer systems. Time will tell where the 6th gen falls and how Toyota goes about things. That being said, I did get an extended warranty on my 5th gen.

Be careful with extended warranties and read the fine print. Surprisingly, some warranties exclude nuts, bolts, gaskets, etc. it’s their way of recouping some money.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back