TRD Pro Exterior

mnloon

Wasn't sure where to post this in regards to the TRD Pro exterior but what are thoughts on all the black painted pieces, especially on the hood scoop? With it being gloss black and seeing videos of the Tacoma TRD Pro (and how the sun glares on it and into the driver's view), I am leaning on getting it wrapped in matte PPF (along with all the other gloss black on the exterior) and just regular PPF on the front.

From a practicality standpoint, I'm not entirely sure why they just didn't go for normal plastic like on the Trailhunter.

From a practicality standpoint, I'm not entirely sure why they just didn't go for normal plastic like on the Trailhunter.

Yeah, that hood scoop might be pretty reflective and throw off an intense glare. Matte black wrap would look really good. Even though the Trailhunter gets "matte black" its not really the matte black we want, it's just standard automotive black plastic which overtime can fade and look like crap. I think a matte wrap over the gloss black would look good though for sure.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back