TRD Pro Engine Bay First Look - Prop Rod...

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
I had super limited time with the new 6th Gen 4Runner TRD Pro in California. But I was able to pop the hood to see its new i-FORCE MAX powertrain and there are a couple of things to notice. First, a freaking prop rod hood. I'm sorry, the 5th Gen has gas struts and this obviously more expensive 6th Gen had a prop rod to hold up the hood. Come on Toyota...

Screen shots from TRDJON YouTube.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.54.48 PM.png

The second thing I noticed was the TRD high-flow air filter box. This is a nice touch for the TRD Pro and it is something that I have said should come standard on the pro since day 1. The TRD Pro should get all TRD-branded performance goodies, period.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.55.06 PM.png

Lastly, it is a rat's nest under here as well. The 4th Gen Tacoma doesn't come with an engine cover, and nor does the new 4Runner. I completely failed to ask Sheldon Brown chief engineer of Tacoma about this. Sorry guys!

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.55.29 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is insane to see a hood prop rod on a 2025 TRD PRO 4Runner. UNREAL. Upgraded hood struts have been on every 5th Gen 4Runner model dating back to 2010. This is so bad it's almost entertaining. This is super easy to replace though and there will be aftermarket kits everywhere for under $100 when the platforms start hitting the market. An easy fix but pretty annoying to say the least.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back