Should You Buy Now, Or Wait for 2025?

Blackteqrunner

We have all been eagerly watching the new Toyotas drop and we wonder to ourselves, should I buy now? It is a huge decision that goes beyond picking the right model, color, trim etc. Right now as a country, we are in the middle of inflation and it's affects are evident in all areas of life, from groceries to car loan interest rates. One of the things that inflation does is make money very expensive to borrow, and for most of us that finance our vehicles, greatly affects what we can afford to get.

6G4R_001.jpg

Trims like the Pro and Trailhunter almost seem unattainable at best, but for sure a risky decision to take on a car payment of over $1,000 a month! Typically, summer is the time of year that dealerships sell the majority of their vehicles. For those of us that are 4Runner owners and fans, the question is should you buy a 5th Generation now at the current interest rates? Or should you wait for 2025 in the hopes that interest rates will come down and you can possibly snag a 6th Generation at a better monthly payment?

6G4R_136.jpg

It isn't entirely clear what the rates will do in the next year, especially with the Presidential election coming up and all the turmoil that results from that. One thing is true, that the Federal government is using the cost of money (interest rates) to slow down the economy in order to slow down inflation and make the nations spending slow down, hopefully lowering inflation. Right now the average vehicle price is over $48,000 and with high interest rates, this makes for the perfect storm that makes your vehicle purchase a hefty one. It is expected and trending in the way that prices and rates have both peaked however. If we all pray to the Toyota God's, maybe we can all see 3% APR's again come 2025, just in time for the 6th Generation 4Runner! We can only hope.

I'm picking up my 5G4R TRD PRO this Saturday. I love the tech upgrades on the 6G4R but reliability is where I want to be. It's not going to get any better than right now in my opinion.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

New 2025 4Runner in Supersonic Red spotted at dealer convention. This is our second time now...
I think this is the 2025 4Runner Platinum in underground. It look very similar to the render...
Here is an our first “in person” look at the 2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in Ice Cap white...
Apparently, there is a dealer meeting going on right now and some attendees are sharing some...
Dealers of course ALWAYS leak it all! Here is our first look at a 2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD...
One of the guys I follow on Instagram spotted the new 2026 Toyota Compact Cruiser "FJ Cruiser...

Similar

Back