Wheel Offset Explained On The 6th Gen

Blackteqrunner

After coming across a video by Wescott Designs, I noticed something interesting. The new chassis and axle set up on the 4th Gen Tacoma has a very different setup that really affects the wheel offset and the amount of poke (amount of tire that sticks out of the fender) than the previous generation.

Jeff Wescott explained that with a minimal lift and minor modifications, you can easily fit a 35" tire on the new Tacoma. This is huge news because previously on Tacomas and 4Runners, you had to cut and trim a ton, chop body mounts and push fender liners just to fit anything larger than factory size. Now Toyota made it a lot easier. With the removal of a couple pins and 3 17mm bolts, a safety plate (in the same location as the body mount previously) could allow for more space and a larger tire. This is great news because previously you would have to trim and sometimes relocate the body mount in order to provide clearance.

2024 Tacoma 35_ 35's Tires + 2.5_ lift kit 17_ Method wheels +25 offset 10.jpg

They used two different wheel and tire set ups for two slightly different looks, and both looked great in my opinion. The two set ups in this video are:

-Nitto Recon Grappler 285/75/17, with Method 305 0mm offset (Machined)
-Nitto Recon Grappler 35x12.50 R17, with Method 305 +25mm offset (Satin Black)

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 6.44.28 AM.png
2024 Tacoma 35_ 35's Tires + 2.5_ lift kit 17_ Method wheels +25 offset 5.jpg
2024 Tacoma 35_ 35's Tires + 2.5_ lift kit 17_ Method wheels +25 offset 8.jpg
As you can see, you still get 2 3/4" of poke with the 0 mm offset which is very different from the old geometry (second photo above). The second satin black setup had a +25mm offset, giving it a 1" poke from the fenders (photo above text). Previously, in order to get either of these looks you would have to run wheel spacers or run a negative offset of at least 12mm or more. The TRD pro tacoma wheel has a +45mm offset which keeps it inside the satin black fenders. Again, these are all based on the new 4th Gen Tacoma, but just like many other specs you can assume that it will be very similar in the 6th Gen 4Runner because of the similar chassis they both share.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back