Review of Tacoma TRD Pro from TCCN

Positronics

Evening all,

Realizing the link below is a Tacoma review so mods let me know if that is a no no around here but i'm looking at alot of 2024 Tacoma review stuff to get an idea of what we're looking at with the 2025 4Runner hybrid as they share the drivetrain and several other similarities. I appreciate TCCN's reviews as they are typically very thorough and have a good perspective from a mechanic/maintainers point of view. There are alot of big positives i'm taking away from this review on overall drivetrain and construction but some of the negatives, while they can be considered nitpicky, do have me slightly concerned about whether they show up on the 4Runner when it gets here as well. Below are just a couple points i see as takeways.

Positives:
1- Overall construction looks good and drivetrain has alot of power and feels great
2- 4Runner wont have the Tacoma off-road suspension seats so i'm thinking legroom in the back and overall seat control will be a bigger positive on the 4Runner along with what i've seen in other reviews that the interior panels/components aren't as "cheap and plasticy"
3- Exterior of the truck and wide stance look awesome and I cant wait to see the aftermarket for it!
4- 4Runner shouldn't have any of the complaints about the weird additional antenna on the back window or any of the truck bed complains
5- Still really liking the interior layout on the Tacoma's and upcoming 4Runner.

Negatives:
1- The hood shake/vibration while driving is very noticeable and i've seen this pointed out on other new owner reviews of the truck
2- Front grille and fender paint quality, while this is no surprise and there will be ways to protect it, seems like this particular truck in the review already has alot of scuffing and irregularities in the paint application.

Anyway, curious as to everyone else's thoughts on this review and any other comparisons with the 2024 TRD Pro Taco's

Review Link :

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

New 2025 4Runner in Supersonic Red spotted at dealer convention. This is our second time now...
I think this is the 2025 4Runner Platinum in underground. It look very similar to the render...
Here is an our first “in person” look at the 2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro in Ice Cap white...
Apparently, there is a dealer meeting going on right now and some attendees are sharing some...
Dealers of course ALWAYS leak it all! Here is our first look at a 2025 Toyota 4Runner TRD...
One of the guys I follow on Instagram spotted the new 2026 Toyota Compact Cruiser "FJ Cruiser...

Similar

Back