6th Gen vs 4th Gen Tacoma

6th Gen 4R vs. 4th Gen Taco

• 6th Gen 4R

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 4th Gen Taco

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Which one you taking?

Good post. I have been a 4Runner owner my entire life (1999 SR5, 2014 TEP, 2016 TEP, 2017 SR5P, and 2023 SR5P). I currently own the 2023 SR5P 4Runner and a 2013 Tacoma DCSB. Both are pretty modded out. The 4Runner is superior to the Tacoma regarding interior comfort for sure - even newer models. It's more spacious, has more creature comforts, and is very practical for daily driving. The 4Runner can carry a ton of cargo in the cargo area. I've fit full-length 8' lengths of lumber out the back window more times than I can count. And it's a great platform for off-roading and overlanding. I would rather have a 4Runner for off-roading and overlanding over a Tacoma.

Konrad (@trail_tacoma) and I go back and forth all the time. He thinks Tacoma is superior, and I think 4Runner is superior.

From a functionality perspective, the Tacoma can do more when it comes to larger items; motorcycles, lumber racks, etc. But if you have a camper system or a topper, you take all that away.

For the 2024 Tacoma vs. the 2025 4Runner - I am still going with the 4Runner. I will be first in line at the dealership to buy a new 4Runner. I've never been afraid of new models with Toyota. They're pretty dialed regarding recall-prevention and testing these hybrid motors in other platforms before they globally release it on a platform like the 4Runner. Will it still have recalls? Probably. Is it still a Toyota at the end of the day? Yes. That interior is amazing. It's still a body-on-frame platform and it's still a 4Runner at the core.

You have to admit it though, the new Tacoma looks pretty aggressive. Toyota killed it on the front end of that truck.

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back