17" or 18" Wheels on the 6th Gen?

Blackteqrunner

As we wait to get our hands on the 6th Gen, one thing that has changed with this new generation is the wheel size. Traditionally, the Tacoma ran 16" wheels, the 4Runner ran 17" and the Tundra 18" wheels in their off road, base and Pro models. I'm curious as to what size wheel we would be able to run (specifically the smallest) since they have revealed that the Pro 4runner and Trailhunter will have 18" wheels in matte black and bronze respectively. As someone that prefers a smaller wheel and large sidewall for both aesthetic and practical off road purposes, I would love to know if it is possible to still fit 17" wheels on the new gen without running into fitment issues. If I remember correctly, the 3rd Gen Tundra can fit certain wheels in 17" but you run too close to the calipers. My guess is that you should be able to still run your 17's but you'll need the correct offset as well as a tire shop that knows how to balance the tires properly. What size wheel would you run?

EVERGREEN WOODS.jpeg

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

I want to get a pulse check on who here is thinking about getting aftermarket headlights on...
I was just surfing on Instagram and found this render by KELSONIK. He took the Limited Trim in...
It seems that Toyota has moved on from Nitto Terra Grapplers with their new upcoming 6th Gen...
The new 2025 Toyota 4Runner Trailhunter has some pretty cool Rigid Fog Lights. These lights are...
My biggest gripe with my new Land Cruiser and Tacoma is the pathetically small gas tank size...
I have had my new Land Cruiser for about 1 month now and I wanted to fill you all in on how the...

Similar

Back