1 Month Later Land Cruiser Powertrain Update (New 4Runner Hybrid)

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
I have had my new Land Cruiser for about 1 month now and I wanted to fill you all in on how the powertrain has been thus far. The reason for this is that I feel the new 4Runner hybrid and the Land Cruiser will be very similar.

MPG
My wife has been doing a bit of city driving with it lately. She has been running back and for to our Airbnbs, grocery hauls, and other typical 4x4 Toyota SUV stuff. Around 5-15 miles of quick trips with very little highway driving. Our average at the moment is 21.7 MPG, which is a bit lower than when I returned from VA with the vehicle. Now granted that was all highway. This is on par with the 22 MPG that Toyota claims the vehicle should be getting.

POWER
This little 4-banger legit packs a punch. It is great to drive and the low-end torque is incredible. My wife got on it a little bit the other day merging into traffic and I was legit impressed with how it somewhat put me back in my seat. I wasn't really expecting that. It's night and day over the old 5th Gen 4Runner

ISSUES
The only gripe I have with it is sometimes the shift from EV mode out to hybrid mode, can be a tad rough. Nothing insane like head jarring, but you can physically few the engine fire back up. This isn't a massive deal, but just something I have noticed.

Overall, I'm still pretty happy with this new powertrain and I'll continue to update you all as I can.
AFA8FD73-B14B-4C91-8547-10CA520B74E5.jpeg

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...
So I honestly did not notice this feature when I first reviewed the new 4Runner in California. I...
I know, call the freaking news station! 🤣 But this is a feature that we all have been wanting on...
So I get this question a lot on my YouTube about the new 6th Gen 4Runner vs the out going 5th...

Similar

Back