6th Gen 4Runner Small Gas Tank Size?

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
My biggest gripe with my new Land Cruiser and Tacoma is the pathetically small gas tank size that Toyota decided to give these vehicles. Their reasoning was because of the improved MPG that these new vehicles get over their outgoing models. Well, that's all fine and dandy when you keep a vehicle completely stock, but we all know we aren't gonna do that right? The new Tacoma has an 18.2 Gal tank which is much smaller than the 21.1 Gal that the 3rd Gen had. The Land Cruiser has an even smaller tank size at 17.9 Gal...

This gets even worse for owners because Toyota likes to turn on your fuel low warning light when you still have around 2-4 gallons left in your tank and a tad more in reserve.

All this to say, I am certain Toyota may shrink the 4Runners gas tank from 23 Gal to around 18 Gal.....This is gonna make a lot of people upset, especially those who modify their rigs.

D48B00A4-427C-4AAA-B51B-3E692DAA9606.jpeg

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...
So I honestly did not notice this feature when I first reviewed the new 4Runner in California. I...
I know, call the freaking news station! 🤣 But this is a feature that we all have been wanting on...
So I get this question a lot on my YouTube about the new 6th Gen 4Runner vs the out going 5th...

Similar

Back