Will the 6th Gen 4Runner Be Reliable?

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
Made in Japan…ok thread over 😂 But in all honesty, the 6th Gen 4Runner has some MASSIVE shoes to fill to replace the 5th Gen 4R. The 5th Gen’s powertrain is one of the most reliable powertrains in the automotive industry. It has essentially been around since 2004 with the 4th Gen 4R. So needless to say, the new 2.4L turbo needs to prove itself.

There’s hope though. This new powertrain is not only in the new 4R, but it’s also in the new Land Cruiser, new Tacoma, and upcoming new GX Hybrid. This is solid because IF there are issues in any one of those vehicles, then Toyota will hopefully find a fix quickly and efficiently for the 4Runner.

Another example is the the new Sequoia. It has been fairly reliable as well (minus the main bearing issues that’s affecting Tundra as well). But the Sequoia came out a year after the Tundra with some better interior quality and fit and finish, for the most part. As for the bearing issue, when Toyota finds a fix for the Tundra it will in turn be resolved for the Sequoia as well.

Just my thoughts. Let me know!

IMG_8298.jpeg

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

I want to get a pulse check on who here is thinking about getting aftermarket headlights on...
I was just surfing on Instagram and found this render by KELSONIK. He took the Limited Trim in...
It seems that Toyota has moved on from Nitto Terra Grapplers with their new upcoming 6th Gen...
The new 2025 Toyota 4Runner Trailhunter has some pretty cool Rigid Fog Lights. These lights are...
My biggest gripe with my new Land Cruiser and Tacoma is the pathetically small gas tank size...
I have had my new Land Cruiser for about 1 month now and I wanted to fill you all in on how the...

Similar

Back