New 4Runner i-FORCE MAX Powertrain "First Drive"

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
I just picked up a new 2024 Toyota Land Cruiser the other day for a new "Long Term" vehicle for review on my YouTube channel. This Land Cruiser's first edition has the 2.4L Turbo 4cyl i-FORCE MAX hybrid powertrain producing 326hp and 465tq. This same setup will be available later this year on the new 6th Gen 4Runner. I purchased this new LC about 710 miles from my home in FL, so I have a solid idea of how this powertrain performs in such a heavy brick of a body-on-frame SUV.

I was able to achieve 24 MPG on my return trip home and the vehicle itself was insanely easy/comfortable to drive. The low-end torque was very nice when climbing hills along with it aiding in passing power. I know that engineers will allow the 4R and LC to have their differences when it comes to driving characteristics, however, if they are somewhat similar, then the new 4R with the hybrid powerplant is going to an absolute monster on the streets. The old 4.0 V6 is just that, old, however it is reliable! This new powertrain still has to prove itself over time, but my gosh is it great to drive, even for a little 4 banger.

Check out my full road trip video here:

2024 Toyota Land Cruiser.jpg

Featured

Official Pricing will be released this fall...
Ok guys, here is a quick look at the new 6th...
It sounds like Toyota is making a statement...

Recent

It looks like we're not getting the 6th Gen 4Runner until December of 2024 or possibly the 1st...
I have a Genesis Offroad dual-battery setup in my 2019 ORP and absolutely love it. As I...
I'm new here from NJ and I want say Hi 👋 to everyone. I like 2025 4Runner new design and specs...
The battery on the hybrid 6th Gen 4Runners is located all the way in the rear of the vehicle in...
There are several companies out there already who have made or in current development for CAI’s...
The new 2025 6th Gen 4Runner gets a bit of an upgrade when it comes to tech. One of those...

Similar

Back